Your reports keep getting better!
You need fast, reliable, and trustworthy data to run your business and make better business decisions. With that in mind, over the last few months, we've completely rebuilt our back-end analytics engine to provide even more robust and precise metrics.
You saw the first signs of that new system, with new Mileage, Engine Time and Idle reports that not only run faster but are more robust, allowing you to run reports for a longer period of time or a larger fleet size.
Here are the improvements you will see when you run these reports:
- Better Performance - Optimized report generation, giving you the freedom to ask the big questions about your fleet's performance
- Trust Metrics - Our best practice KPIs for measuring metrics with improved heuristics to improve data quality and accuracy
- Improved Formatting - Updated style formats so that you can share styled reports or do better analysis with tabular outputs
Over the next few weeks, this new analytics engine will make its way into the HOS Reports if you are using HOS 3. Below, you will find detailed FAQs about these new reports. If you have further questions, please directly reach out to your Customer Success Manager or our Support Team. Have more questions? Please reach out to us directly as we want to make sure this transition is as smooth as possible for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What changed in the Reports?
Moving reports to the Analytics Platform allows for performance improvements and greater accuracy, and refines how some of the calculations and logic are computed. Some of the column names have also changed to improve consistency across the platform. You can find more details in our Help Documentation.
Q: Will my scheduled report settings change?
No, in most cases you have access to the same report parameters as in previous versions.
Q: Which reports will be updated?
The updated reports can be identified in your report list by a 'sparkle' icon:
The following reports have been updated:
- ELD Unidentified Driving Report
Q: Where do I find the new reports?
- On the Create Reports Tab, look under the Compliance section. Use this report in the same way you used it in the past.
Q: Will I see data from today in Analytics Reports?
Report data on the Analytics Platform is not real-time because the data needs to run through processing, including calculations performed by the system. If you run a report for today and the data is not yet available you may see the report status as 'Completed No Data'. Best practice is to use the previous day ("Yesterday") as the end date.