To add a new mobile user (that is, a user who will normally log into a mobile app such as Verizon Connect WorkPlan or Coach), follow the steps below.
Note that these steps assume that you have already created a fleet and a team, and that you have logged into the Verizon Connect platform as an administrator.
- Edit a Vehicle, assigning it to a Base Marker (using the Base Marker drop-down on the Overview tab of the Edit Vehicle dialog).
- Create or edit a Driver. Assign the vehicle in the previous step to the driver and set the driver's Based At value (using the Based At drop-down on the Details tab of the Edit/Add New Driver dialog) to the same marker used for the vehicle.
- From the Tasks section of the navigation bar, click the Subusers link.
- In the Subusers screen, click the link for the subuser's username, or click the Add button to create a new subuser. This account will be used when logging in from WorkPlan™, not the driver account.
- On the Rights tab of the Edit User dialog, enable the Assign drivers right under the Drivers section, and the Add map markers right under the Markers section (to enable these rights click the 'Allowed' side on the toggle button): If using Verizon Connect® Response™, scroll to the bottom of the tab and ensure the Reports and UI Enabled option is selected from the Response Access drop-down.
- If using the Hierarchy, change the Hierarchy Items dropdown to Can View Hierarchy Items.
- Scroll to the top of the Rights tab and select the Show All Rights checkbox to edit additional subuser rights:
> If using a private (non-public fleet), enable the See markers in public categories and Add and remove markers from public categories rights under the Categories section. Rights for each individual user must also be edited on the Fleets & Teams page if using a private fleet.
> If using a public fleet, enable the See vehicle details in public fleets right under the Fleets section; the See driver details in public teams right under the Teams section; and See markers in public categories and Add and remove markers from public categories rights under the Categories section.
- Click Save to save your changes.