InSight Alerts™ notify you, in real time, when a vehicle does something special or unexpected.
For example, you may want to get a heads-up when a vehicle is due for routine servicing, be notified when a vehicle breaks a rule such as exceeding the speed limit, or get a notification as soon as a vehicle arrives at its scheduled destination. These notifications appear automatically in your InSight Alerts Inbox.
In addition, you can also configure the system to send an email message or notification to a text-enabled device such as a pager, cell phone, or desktop computer when the alert occurs so that the appropriate people in your organization are informed immediately.
Set Up an InSight Alert:
- Log into the platform at https://login.telogis.com/.
- Choose Setup InSight Alerts under Tasks in the navigation bar to the left of your screen.
- Click the Create button.
- Select an alert type and click OK. The InSight Alerts setup screen for the type of alert opens.
- Specify the details for the alert:
- Parameters - This tab contains general information regarding the alert, such as after how many minutes to trigger the alert, what severity it has and in which color to display the alert. There are also specific settings that can be configured for the selected alert type.
- Email Options - This tab lets you specify what emails should be sent when the condition for the alert is met. You can also specify who will receive the emails, and whether the emails should be sent when the alert triggers or when the alert ends.
- Push Notification Options - This tab lets you configure the alert so that a notification will appear in the notification tray on your mobile device. The notification is sent to the currently logged in user, as well as to all subuser accounts with roles added to this alert on the Roles tab.
- Pop-up Options - This tab lets you configure the alert so that a pop-up window appears on screen when the alert triggers. This pop-up window appears on whatever screen you are viewing, so that you do not need to check the InSight Alerts Inbox to see that the alert has triggered.
- Roles - This tab lets you define the list of users to share the alert with.
- Schedule - This tab lets you specify when an alert is in effect. When an alert is not in effect, the system does not check for the condition that defines the alert. This can be useful; for example, if you want to be notified when a vehicle arrives at its destination after hours: simply set up a marker alert to only trigger during off-hours.
When you have finished, you can view the InSight Alerts Inbox by choosing InSight Alerts from the Main section of the navigation bar.